Training Designer – Permanent – Hampshire – SC or Willing to Undergo
- Our client is a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence and has developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets.
- Our client also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at facilities in England, Scotland and Wales
- Our client is a technology company focused on Defence, Aerospace and Cyber & Intelligence with sites across the UK; in England, Scotland and Wales
- A fully owned subsidiary of a company in the US, a listed technology company, they have been in the UK, in one form or another, for more than 100 years
- Currently, they contribute £700 million* to the UK economy and are responsible for 10,000 jobs within the company and within the supply chain
- They are strongly committed to investing in the UK and are ambitious to double the size of the business in the UK in the next five years
The Key Responsibilities of a Training Designer:
Be a member of a small team whose responsibilities are the due diligence, auditing and collating of DSAT Documentation & processes across multiple MOD sites and organisations.
- Assist in the establishment of a training design and development governance structure and performance measurement baseline in coordination with other stakeholders
- The conduct of due diligence and discovery activities for training course design
- The identification of the current state of course design materials at the time of contract service commencement
- Assist in the development of implementation plans for successful transition of training course design materials from initial state to a standardised methodology across multiple sites
- Gathering and reviewing existing training documentation
- Interviewing subject matter experts to collate required data
- Participate in internal workshops to discuss and agree findings from analysis
- Any other duties required to complete the due diligence audit.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Training designer, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- A good working knowledge of the training design and development processes for training media
- Experienced and capable of working within a small team
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both internally and within the customer organisation
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Experience of Training and/or Instructional Design
The client would also like to see some of the below, but this is not essential:
- Life cycle programme management process and execution
- Programme management tools and applications
- High level of determination to succeed
- Integrity and honesty; able to deliver bad news as well as good
- Energy and drive; willing to work long hours when required
- Staying power; maintains personal motivation over the long haul
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
- Health coverage
- Income Protection
- Investment/Retirement, including Student Loan Repayment Contribution
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we’d like to recognise your recommendations with a ‘thank you’ of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020.
Training Designer – DSAT and JSP 822 – Portsmouth, Hampshire