Quantity Surveyor, Exeter, UK, Salary in the range 50,000 – 65,000 + bonus
This is an important new role with a leading solar energy, engineering and construction firm who are building a very large pipeline of utility scale solar PV projects in the UK and abroad.
We’re looking for a high calibre QS with a background in Power Generation, Energy Distribution and or Construction (ideally from Principal / Main Contractor) to join this vibrant company experiencing rapid growth.
You will support project delivery, taking responsibility of the project, budgets, tendering, procurement, supporting the closure of contracts and managing them through construction and handover to operations.
You will inherit a pipeline of challenging solar projects and operate within a lean organization that offers autonomy, generous remuneration and market leading incentives.
You will be comfortable overseeing risk and value management whilst driving the performance of sub-contractors and managing quality. A background in Power Generation, Distribution, Construction would be suitable.
Kay skills & requirements
* Ideally 5 – 10 years’ post-graduation experience
* Ability to demonstrate significant experience in using various contract forms, Project Manager qualification preferable but not essential);
* Preferably has experience of heavy Civils/Renewable Energy works in a main/principal contractor setting (but not essential);
* Experience of working on contracts 10m plus for principal contractor (Desirable)
* Management of change – takes the lead and owns the change process – maintains effective change control procedures with supply chain (i.e.) managing Risk/Early Warning Registers; proactively reacts to notifications of works variations (cost and time), works with contractors to reduce project risk to Minimise cost;
* Procurement – prepare enquiry documents, conduct work scope reviews, with particular emphasis on the identification of areas of design and time criticality T&Cs review, strong contract negotiation, select best value Contractors and Draft Final Order documentation
* Manage Contractor accounts; assess and administer payments in a timely manner and formulate payment notifications and notices;
* Challenge and act on areas subject to disallowed costs;
* Reporting activities – Maintaining internal cost plans Earned Value recognition, reporting to Head of Operations.
* Provide site management with commercial support and advice;
* Strong emphasis on profit maximisation
* Promote and maintain professional working relationships
* Ability to work autonomously
Salary in the range 50,000 – 65,000 depending on experience plus attractive bonus (discretionary, up to 100%) possibly more for exceptional candidates with very relevant experience
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY LAND USE POLICY ADVISER – CLIMATE CHANGE...Apply For This Job
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY Job Title – Biodiversity and Nature Based...Apply For This Job
Job title – (Senior) Regulatory Consultant Grade – Dependent on experience Location – Located in UK or Republic of Ireland...Apply For This Job
BEMS Commissioning Engineer, Greater London, Salary 49,000 + company car/cash allowance + local bonus incentive scheme This is an exciting...Apply For This Job
Remote Bureau Technician, Greater Glasgow, salary to 29,800 depending on experience + nice benefits This is an exciting opportunity with...Apply For This Job
Senior Project Developer – solar & battery, Home Based, UK. Competitive base salary + bonus + car allowance & attractive...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.