PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Environmental Manager will develop and evolve the Chiltern environmental and energy management strategy to enable high standards of environmental performance across the Chiltern business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and influencing positive change across all aspects of environmental management, by ensuring the business is compliant to relevant environment legislation. You will further manage both internal and external validation audits to provide business assurance, and drive continuous improvement in line with the business’s long term environmental and sustainability strategies.
Please note: This is a hybrid role with flexible office and home working, nominally based at Banbury.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor and ensure compliance against environmental legal and other requirements, including statutory training and reporting.
• Develop and actively manage Chiltern’s environmental strategy as required within its contract with the DfT.
• Provide the Chiltern business with timely, balanced, comprehensible environmental advice that supports Arriva’s sustainability strategy and values.
• Develop environmental training as necessary to meet DfT requirements.
• Coordinate and support the management of key initiatives and commitments within the DfT contract that specifically relate to environmental performance.
• Prepare and provide environmental reports and information for key internal and external forums and monitor the environmental metrics for key trends.
• Represent Chiltern on Environmental matters in industry, Arriva UK Trains (AUKT) and Chiltern meetings/forums.
• ISO 14001 lead auditor qualification.
• Environmental qualification supporting membership of IEMA.
• ISO 50001 lead auditor qualification.
• Degree in an Environmental discipline.
• Previous experience in an environmental role, including developing/implementing/maintaining an EMS.
• Development and monitoring of environmental KPIs.
• Inspections and audits.
• Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Environmental legislation.
• Application of environmental management principles in a railway industry setting (preferable).
• Environmental reporting principles.
• ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 application and latest developments in the standards.
• Strong IT skills with confidence in data management and spreadsheets.
• Able to think creatively and methodically to identify environmental opportunities and risks.
• Ability to produce clear and accurate reports.
• Strong communications and interpersonal capability across all levels of the business and stakeholder groups.
• Able to prioritise workloads, make timely, justifiable decisions and be flexible in approach.
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Tagged as: Manager
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|