We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Systems Administrator to join an award-winning communications solution provider who provide high quality, high speed and cost effective solutions to business clients. They are the largest exclusive business-to-business, end-to-end communications provider in the UK and they own their OFCOM regulated core network which is unique for a company of our size.
They are now planning for continued future growth and to support this they are engaging in a significant programme of systems implementation and development. We are seeking a skilled, driven and innovative Systems Administrator to support their efforts in this regard.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- The Systems Administrator will provide support to managers and department heads to implement and configure new SaaS platforms to meet their business requirements.
- Understand and document software processes and workflows (eg user onboarding or how to generate reports from a given platform).
- The Systems Administrator will utilise APIs to analyse platform configurations and data, carry out bulk operations, enable data workflows between systems and integrate separate platforms.
- Systems Administrator will deploy/manage applications and services in public and private cloud environments, making use of containerisation, virtual machines etc. Carry out regular administration of such platforms (updates, patches, backups etc)
- Analyse, format and manipulate data in various formats to support the above responsibilities: unstructured data, SQL, JSON, spreadsheet etc.
Systems Administrator Skills and Capabilities:
- Have a good, broad knowledge of modern software application architecture, deployment methods and administration requirements.
- You will have experience administering on-prem and cloud-based applications such as Office 365, Salesforce, Dynamics, Zendesk, FreshService and others.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of APIs, software integration and associated concepts. Able to conceptualise and then realise software integration workflows.
- You will have experience of tools such as Postman, Swagger, Mulesoft, Elastic.io, Zapier, Microsoft Flow, IFTTT, for manipulating and working with APIs.
- Experienced in Systems Administration – particularly Linux Servers, database engines, containers, etc.
- You will have experience administering Ubuntu and Debian Servers, MySQL and MongoDB databases, Docker containers and Kubernetes clusters, via CLI.
- Ability to reconcile complex data and have excellent attention to detail. Is a data-oriented person that can make sense of abstract data models and database schema. You understand data types and might even have written some code to manipulate data or carry out bulk data operations.
- Demonstrate a positive Can Do attitude, with a polite, professional and tenacious telephone manner together with being organised and pro-active.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
Systems Administrator – London