Application Solution Architect/Solution Designer sought by a leading business services organisation to design solutions that meet both business and customer needs covering applications and their integration and infrastructure. You will work closely with business stakeholders to document solutions including writing high level and some low level designs and act as the technical SME through the solution delivery phase. You will ensure that designs and solutions are agile, efficient, resilient and scalable. You will also keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluating 3rd party products, services and tools and developing proof of concepts.
Candidates and will demonstrate the following –
- Experience working in solution architecture/solution design, ideally with the ability to cover both applications and infrastructure and with exposure to a range of vendor and technology solutions including business applications, data, integration etc.
- Familiarity working with external vendors and acting as a design authority on technology programmes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology solutions.
- Experience of designing solutions with a focus on scalability and security.
- Strong focus on producing good quality high and low level designs.
- Understanding of APIs, cloud solutions and containerisation would be nice to have but is not essential.
- A strong delivery focus coupled with the ability to deliver pragmatic business solutions.
You must have strong analytical and conceptual skills with an ability to create appropriate solution concepts for a variety of stakeholders. This includes the ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements, an ability to estimate the financial impact and an ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact within a new team.
Solutions Architect/Solution Designer- flexible location – Midlands