Solutions Architect – Bristol – Permanent – £60,000 – £85,000 – SC or DV Cleared
Our client is currently recruiting for people to work in the Defence and Government domains. Our client offers a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients.
Consultants will be deployed onto projects immediately and are expected to have a deep understanding of the Defence and Government industry so that they can hit the ground running.
The Key Responsibilities of a Solutions Architect:
As a solution architect, you will be responsible for the design, description and managing the development of solutions to support our client’s business strategies. Leading and/or supporting initiatives and introducing technical visions for a solution within the Enterprise Architecture Framework.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving through customer strategies in often complex, mixed technology environments.
- Balancing technological and business solutions to address client needs.
- Defining features, requirements and development phases against which delivery must be made.
- Developing solution specifications in line with business strategies and appropriate frameworks.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Solutions Architect, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- A degree in a science, computing or engineering subject, or equivalent experience.
- Proven work experience as a Solution Architect, technology consultant or similar role.
- Experience with the use of Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as ISO42010, TOGAF, Zachman and the ITIL and IT4IT service architecture frameworks.
- Experience of systems design and delivery, applying engineering rigour through technical architecture modelling techniques.
- In-depth understanding of technology structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analysing system requirements.
- Experience working within Local Government, Regulated Industries, Defence or Security and Intelligence markets is beneficial.
- Appreciation and/or experience of different delivery methods such as Agile, SAFe, Scrum and their approaches such as scrums, backlogs.
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance – Life assurance will be 4 x salary for new starters, whether or not they are in a pension scheme.
- Holidays – Basic entitlement 25 days with option to buy an additional 15 days or to sell 5 days.
- Income Protection – All annual salaried UK employees who are aged between 16 to state pension age except casual employees who are hourly paid.
- Professional Fees – Annual subscription reimbursed for membership of a professional body relevant to your role with the client.
- Season Ticket Loan – All UK employees are eligible on successful completion of their probationary period.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we’d like to recognise your recommendations with a ‘thank you’ of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV. If you do not hold an active DV clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2021.
Solutions Architect – Bristol, Somerset