As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a skilled Practitioner and a role model in software craftsmanship within the organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver quality software products.
You will assist in the design of software products that make up citizen services in collaboration with Architecture and Engineering principles with a focus on operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality you will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
You will have
- Distributed version control systems such as Git
- Oracle DB
- Linux/Red Hat
- Apache Camel
- Developing on cloud based environments
- SQL and NoSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and
- MongoDB, and Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Batch).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services;
- Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines
- Identify and support the resolution of infrastructure faults;
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours
- support as and when required;
- Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance.
- Coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development
- Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider
- Software Engineering community;
- Lead the collaboration & sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community;
- Lead and support community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering
- We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Programming & build (level 3)
- User Centred Analysis (level 3)
- Systems Integration (level 3)
- Service Focus (level 3)
- Modern Standards Approach (level 3)
- Systems Design (level 3)
Selection process details – Senior Software Engineer
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
Stage 1: Application & Sift
Stage 2 – Technical exercise
Stage 3 – Video Interview
Succesful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Our total offer to successful candidates will be based on an assessment of your skills and experience as demonstrated at interview.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Senior Software Engineer – London – £54,000 – £64,000 – City, London