PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
• Location: Flexible
• Grade & Salary: G7, £37,973 rising to £42,584 over four years
• P ost number: 200931
• Type of contract: Permanent
• Work pattern: Full time
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post handler will work within the Integrated Engineering team to assist colleagues in achieving Natural Resources Wales’ policy and targets in Wales, through the supervision of NRW and contract resources in South Central and South East Wales.
Qualifications and Skills
• Quarry Manager Duties; the position will ideally hold a SHE Quarry management NVQ level 4 or, with some previous experience, aim to achieve this qualification within 5 years of taking up post with support from NRW.
• Act as ‘Principal Designer’ (or) as advisor to regional client for CDM 2015.
• Recognised industry standard health and safety card. ‘CSCS’ or similar.
• Competency in ground engineering design and construction across a variety of ground conditions in upland Wales.
• Competent and experienced in NEC ECC forms of contract – discharge the duties of project manager under NEC ECC.
• Experienced user of technical design packages, For example GIS, AutoCAD.
• Specialist knowledge of drainage and water management in upland Wales to comply with Forest & Water guidance and the Water Framework Directive.
• Competent designer of all forest infrastructure.
• Knowledge of relevant environmental considerations; habitats, conservation EPS.
• Knowledge of concrete and timber bridge construction.
• Knowledge of mobile GPS, to be used in planning works, providing principal setting-out points and general surveying.
• Member of professional body e.g. ICE.
For more information, please visit our website.
Lead Engineer – Wales