My Client are looking to migrate our software onto a modern software stack which will make it easier to meet their customer’s needs.
Therefore, they require a Java Software Engineer to assist with the design and development of this migration. Reporting to the Head of Development and Testing, with accountability to their Principal Software Engineer, the successful candidate will assist in the development of the new software solution, which will be adapted for use across all areas of our business. The role will be a combination of home and office based
- Assist in the design and development of new software products.
- Lead on technical design for Java-based development projects.
- Amend software to correct any issues
- Enhance existing software solutions to cater for new functionality requests.
- Encourage and mentor junior developers
- Produce technical design documentation
- Ensuring coding is done in line with company processes and standards
- Liaise with customers and business analysts to help define software requirements.
- Assist with 3rd line support for existing software
- Work with the business analysts to help define support requirements for new software products
- Develop both client-based and web-based software solutions
- Experience of working for a software solutions house, ideally in a small sized team
- A relevant university degree (IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering preferred)
- Experience with working with IT and Software Products
- Minimum of five years’ experience in software engineering, specifically in Java-based roles
- Previous experience in working alone and in teams on software engineering projects
- Experience with working with the following technologies: o Java
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL dialect)
- Microservices Architecture
- RESTful Web Services
- Experience of working in an agile development environment
- Experience with working with the following technologies would be highly beneficial: o Dropwizard framework
- Kubernetes or other microservices orchestration frameworks
- Front End development, particularly using React
Experience with health care related software and standards would be beneficial, particularly in the primary care sector.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Java Developer – Cheshire