IT Technician required to join a team responsible for ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security of networks and systems. The candidate will be responsible for providing IT support across all group sites.
A global Life-sciences business with their European HQ in Ayr. Due to recent acquisitions they are looking to expand their IT Support offering to support an increased workload. This is a good opportunity for someone with 1-2 IT Support experience to join a growing business.
- Maintain a working relationship with all departments, assisting users in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Sage, QPulse, and other software packages
- Use of the company’s IT helpdesk system to properly prioritise users’ support requests
- Providing training to users on the correct use of our IT systems (including the helpdesk)
- Help support Servers, workstations, printers, desk and mobile phones and other network devices
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Contribute to IT audit tasks and actions required for it
- Keep up to date of new technologies that may benefit our user base
- Provide backup support for the Senior IT Specialist and corporate IT team
- Work closely with the Senior IT Specialist to fulfil corporate’s global IT strategy
- In depth knowledge of business-critical IT hardware and software solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, quickly responding to users’ support needs
- Knowledge of virtualisation environments (eg VMware)
- Experience with key networking and security concepts (eg DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN, TLS, PKI, etc)
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange (on-premises/O365)
The opportunity to join a growing business that looks to promote from within. As well as BAU work and support duties you will be involved in company mergers and acquisitions that will allow you to broaden your technical skill set. This is complemented with company support in the form of professional development.
IT Support Technician – Ayr, Ayrshire