The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture function within USS, the primary purpose is to ensure that respective functional, data, application and technical architectures for the Pensions and Group business areas are aligned to the organisation’s strategic direction, the technology and governance strategies, and policies and standards.
Accountable for working with various business stakeholders and key 3rd Party suppliers to provide strategic context, direction, technical roadmaps and standards to drive the technology strategy and business transformational roadmaps.
• Assist with establishing, implementing and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture function and standards across the USS business, ensuring that these are clearly defined and communicated to key stakeholders and business users.
• Act as an advocate and evangelist for technologies and following best practice, including coaching, mentoring and leadership of USS staff
• Inputs into & translates business strategy for the Pensions and Group business areas into architecture strategic objectives, developing a technology vision and roadmap to fulfil business ambition and reduce costs.
• Significant and demonstrable experience as a technical / solutions architect
• Creatively interpreting strategy and translating emerging trends and technologies in to a strategic technology roadmap to deliver innovative solutions which add Business value
• Background within software and software development, with experience of web development desirable.
• Proven skills in analysing and delivering against diverse business requirements.
• Expertise in large-scale transformations within business critical environments.
• Clear and proven organisation, analysis and structured thinking skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Tagged as: Architect
Company Description DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of...Apply For This Job
Engineering Manager – C++, Java, C# – Finance Opportunity has opened for an Engineering Manager to join one of Britain’s...Apply For This Job
£600 per day We have a requirement with one of our clients, whereby we need to mobilise an MS Dynamics...Apply For This Job
2nd Line Service Desk Engineer/Team Lead – Southampton – Permanent Salary £26,000 – £30,000 (+ other company beneftis) We have...Apply For This Job
QA Engineer – Outside IR35 – 300pd – Milton Keynes My Milton Keynes based client is looking to bring on...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.