Full Stack Java Developer Delivery London/Swindon
Zaizi is looking for a Full Stack Developer with solid technology skills, but who is also passionate about improving outcomes and the user experience. You’ll be reliable in your own deliverables but also curious about and offer innovative ideas to others in a mutli-disciplinary team.
Ways of working
- Developing digital solutions delivered to the GDS standard
- Demonstrable experience working on Agile environments
- Demonstrable experience working on product development environments based on observation, experimentation and user research
- Demonstrable experience working in multi-disciplinary/DevOps teams which include product owner/manager, UX designers, UX researchers, Developers, Platform engineers, etc
- Demonstrable experience working on continuous improvement environments doing multiple releases every week
coding and testing:
- Demonstrable experience designing, coding and debugging Java based systems
- Good skills in web Front End technologies such as HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- Build tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Familiar with source control systems, such as GIT, including branching, merging, etc.
- Testing: TDD, unit testing, JUnit, Mockito
- Good knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL including Datamodelling, SQL scripts, store procedures
- Shift to the left: Functional test automation (API testing, UI testing [cucumber, nightwatch])- Nice to have
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of Open Source BPMN workflow engines (Camunda, Activiti or Flowable)
- RedHat OpenShift for container orchestration
- Knowledge of NCSC’s 14 cloud security principles.
Zaizi is a software consultancy specialising in building bespoke digital solutions using open source software and cloud platforms. We predominantly work with central government agencies and adhere to the Government Digital Service Standard.
As a digital consultancy, working on large and complex public sector projects, utilising the newest and innovative technologies, tools and methods, our people are the key to our success.
To attract, engage and retain diverse, passionate and able people, we’ve established a great culture and close knit community of people who work hard but also play hard too.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Our process includes:
First round – Telephone pre-screen with HR.
Second round – Video interview with a senior manager.
Third round – Interview and presentation to senior team.
We would be keen for the candidate to start as soon as possible, but it is more important to us to find the right person and we are able to respect notice periods of up to 3 months.
Individuals seeking employment at Zaizi must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
Full Stack Java Developer-Java8-Spring-Atlassian-Gradle-£65k – London