Front End Developer – Permanent – London – £35,000 – £48,000 – SC or DV Clearance
Our client are a large consultancies in the UK and are particular successful working on MoD, Government and Public Sector contracts within Project and Technical Management, Analytics, Systems Engineering, Business Change and Software Engineering. Their agile solutions contribute to a stronger and more cost-effective defence agenda, without sacrificing the overall mission of organisations.
The Key Responsibilities of the Front End Developer:
- Work with outstanding talent across front-developers, API developers, creatives and UX experts, integration teams and the client themselves.
- Help deliver features end to end. We don’t throw our work “over the wall,” everyone is expected to pull together to design new features and figure out bugs.
- Deliver mobile-first, responsive sites using a combination of HTML5 and CSS.
- Build webapps capable of doing anything a native mobile or desktop app can do. This is the heart and soul of the modern web developer role. The possibilities in the browser should excite you to build the best experience possible for users.
- Ensure your site works for users with accessibility needs, and use progressive enhancement to improve the experience for those on slow connections and weaker devices.
- Help the client and end users to understand trade-offs when making product decisions, and explain why you would do things a certain way.
- Keep learning! We have a great community of Front End developers who run weekly workshops together, share the best articles they find on Slack, and meet up twice a year for a full-day internal conference.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our clients.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Front End Developer, however you will not be expected to have everything:
- Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
- A graduate degree (First or Second class) is a must.
You’ll also have:
- Experience in web development.
- Solid working experience of at least one major framework (React, Angular, etc).
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of working in teams, particularly in agile methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban.
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
- Holidays, starting at 25 days a year.
- A flexible contributory pension arrangement with matching contributions.
- Life assurance of six times your core salary (up to a maximum of six times the Earnings Cap, in force at date of death).
- Occupational sick pay.
- Personal accident insurance.
- Mobile phone is not fully funded but you can claim on expenses for business use.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we’d like to recognise your recommendations with a ‘thank you’ of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active SC or DV Clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020.
Front End Developer – London