Enterprise Application Architect/Financial Services/SaaS/PaaS/APIs/Microservices/DevOps/CQRS/Domain-Driven Design, .NET/XML/AZURE PaaS/AZURE SQL/CI/CD Pipelines. City of London (currently remote until CV19 dissipates). £105,000
The Enterprise Application Architect is responsible for both shaping the longer-term direction of technology and playing an active role in ensuring that programmes & projects move us in that direction and assuring the delivery of good quality, fit-for-purpose solutions.
* Analyse business context to derive enterprise application architectures that can utilise managed services, Software as a Service (SaaS) & Platform as a Service (PaaS) when required.
* Create solution blueprints and technical designs which cover business requirements, security, performance, scalability, maintainability and flexibility.
* Design blueprints, standards, frameworks & processes to facilitate API’s integrations and utilise enterprise service bus solutions which are governed and secure.
* Ensure teams adhere to documented designs, development patterns and standards.
* Analyse the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions.
* Create cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, business cases and development plans, to take account of the design decisions.
* Promote the architecture process, it’s outcomes and ongoing results.
* Define the technical architectural principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software solutions.
* Create prototypes and/or proof of concepts to validate proposals.
* Participate in or lead on developments, including peer reviews and quality control
* Prepare estimates and delivery proposals for technology tasks delivered by 3rd party parties.
* Line management of Solution Architects.
Applicants should have:
Sound commercial experience in the following:
- Leading as an Enterprise Application Architect within financial services, designing enterprise class solutions based on Managed Services, SaaS or PaaS.
- Implementing Architecture Best Practices and Patterns like API’s, Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain-Driven Design.
- Utilising patterns and best practise experiences in .NET, XML, AJAX, jQuery, CSS, Bootstrap, Azure PaaS and Azure SQL Server Platform’s
- Experienced in DevOps, Continuous integration, automated deployments (CI/CD pipelines) and implementing full automated testing.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Dynamics365, Power Platform, SharePoint Online, Azure Data Lake Technology and DataBricks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study
- Experienced at effectively communicating technical designs to both technical and non-technical audiences; expertise in modelling and generally in producing formal design artefacts to convey design
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, negotiation and planning
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
Enterprise Application Architect – SaaS/PaaS – City, London