Data Engineer – InsureTech – Data Transformation
I am working with one of the UK’s leading Real Time InsureTech businesses and they urgently require an experienced Data Engineer to be based in their SE London HQ.
The business is currently into the 2nd year of a 5 year Digital Transformation, which would see you joining an established team of 70 multi-skilled engineers as a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will be part of a team working on a brownfield project to re-platform to AWS and develop new solutions & services to provide capability for Data scientists to analyze data, build and train models and deploy them onto production environment.
The tech stack you can expect to work with includes: AWS Codepipeline, Codebuild, CodeDeploy, S3, Glue (Catalog and ETL), Athena, DataBricks, Redshift, Lamdba, AWS Lakeformation, CloudformationKafka, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Oracle (AWS RDS), ElasticCache (Redis Cluster mode enabled), Python (with Spark), Kafka, Streamsets, Informatica, Jenkins, MuleSoft, Guidewire and more..
- Proven experience in a similar role developing end to end data pipelines for large scale data platform implementation projects
- Programming skills in Python & Spark/Pyspark essential
- Must have strong hands on AWS Cloud Platform experience (components such as Athena, Glue, Lamdba, Codepipeline, Lakeformation, Cloudformation, RDS etc)
- Excellent SQL Scripting & experience in NoSQL DBs – MongoDB, RedShift, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc
- Experience of batch & near Real Time streaming tech such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming
- Any experience with large scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, DataBricks beneficial
- Understanding of software development best practices, TDD, CI/CD
- Salary £60,000 – £70,000 + 10% bonus
- Health Care
- Private Medical
- Flexible working
- Discounted Gym
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- And more .
Your new employer one of the UK’s largest insurance businesses with over 5,000 employees and multiple awards for being one of the best places to work in the UK.
They provide a modern, relaxed techy environment, provide excellent opportunities for career development & training and are dedicated to promoting a tech first, fail fast & always innovation-centric approach.
Apply now and do not miss out on this outstanding career opportunity!
Data Engineer – InsureTech – Data Transformation – AWS Glue, Athena, Lambda, Python, Spark, PySpark, Data Pipeline, Ingestion, Data Lake
Data Engineer – InsureTech – Data Transformation – London