- Birmingham, UK
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company – we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Before I go into the details of our AWS Architect needs here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
We are building a cloud platform for a major public sector client looking to migrate a number of applications. This platform will be a technological need to modernise for efficiency and future enhancements. We are using cutting edge, modern technology and bringing innovation to this central government department.
You will be delivering against a high-level design and technology roadmap. The will need to be able to validate and verify the design, input in architectural direction, and drive the project forward as a technical leader.
The role is varied in scope and technology. You will be developing innovative solutions in the cloud, delivering cloud migration projects, and supporting development teams with DevOps technologies (CI/CD pipelines, config management, etc.)
- Developing the AWS Platform using Terraform, building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and working in a Scrum Team.
- SC eligible/Security Clearance eligible
- Experience of working with Senior Leadership, CTOs and leaders of organisations
- Excellent communication skills dealing with nontechnical
- AWS Architecture experience
- Experience as an AWS Architect or an AWS Consultant
- Infrastructure as Code experience using Terraform or other AWS compatible software
- Experience in security as design, back up and restore, workspaces, DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, security governance control, access control
- AWS Certified
- Security background
- UK Public Sector experience
- Existing security clearance
- Interest in technology above work eg Github contributions
AWS Architect – Birmingham